Welcome Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The New Guy Is Done Lurking!

Posted by Matt K. 
The New Guy Is Done Lurking!
November 26, 2015 07:33AM
First, I would like to thank all of you for the information that is being shared on this forum. I've been a casual reader for the past few years and figure that it's time to admit that I may be developing an addiction to building boats. I'm not entirely sure that I'm addicted yet as I've only built one boat, but the urge to start another one is taking over my every thought.

Last winter we (my two teenage sons) decided that we were done talking about it and decided to build a framed 16X'48" (Don Hill Standard plans). It turned out fine, floats great, the clear finish promotes conversation, and it seems to catch fish. If framed boats aren't frowned upon too badly on this forum, I'll try to figure out how to post pictures of it on the river.

With that being said, I'm convinced that I cannot live without a Honky Dory so that both boys can flyfish outta each end of the boat at the same time. I'm currently reading through the plans, beginning the search for more materials, and wondering why I'm never satisfied as I begin moving things outta the garage to make space for another build.

Thank ya'll again for the info, and I'll post pictures of our HD build for your advice/critique.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Re: The New Guy Is Done Lurking!
November 26, 2015 12:24PM
NIce looking boat! I hadn't realized you could still get Don Hill plans. I met Don in West Yellowstone once, back in the mid 1980s, where we were both showing boats and an FFF fishing conference. Fun guy. Good boats.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login