Welcome Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

$$Holy Cow

Posted by Sandy 
$$Holy Cow
June 03, 2016 04:22PM
I just looked at a ClackaCraft used boats for sale page. Used boats with oars oarlocks anchor and trailer are going for $8 grand.

I can have a brand new trailer built in Livingston MT for about $1800. There are cheaper trailers. Take a generous bit more for oars etc and you're basically talking $5500 for a USED boat.

You can still build one for $2000 or less. And if you define good in terms of rowing performance you get a better boat too, no matter how you build it. I'll have to look at Craig's List to see what the local yokel price is.
Re: $$Holy Cow
June 03, 2016 04:25PM
Craig's list much the same. I did see one 16' foot Lavro for $3500 but it was a 15 year old boat.

June 04, 2016 02:31PM
I need to look at the market a bit. A while back I was seeing boat/trailer outfits for as low as 1500 and lots of them.
June 07, 2016 04:16PM
I am continually amazed at what used drift boats are going for. Hell even new ones. Lets be honest, there's not alot to a new fiberglass drift boat as far as details, yet they demand a premium.

I have buddies who rent a boat on the Bighorn a few times and year and I'm trying to convince them to buy a boat, so I keep my eyes peeled on craigslist and its about impossible to find anything that isn't 40 years old or all beat to snot for less than 4k
June 08, 2016 01:22AM
Check out the prices in the Portland, OR Craigslist. $300 to $10,000.

Rick N
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login