Welcome Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

On the trailer

On the trailer
September 18, 2017 03:11PM
Not done, going for a test float before I paint, looks great to me!

Light enough for me and one buddy to get up on the trailer

Re: On the trailer
September 18, 2017 03:14PM
One more now that it's working

September 18, 2017 06:49PM
Looking good.
When I put a hull in the pond first time I find it helpful to take a pencil and a 4' foot level. Move the level back and forth until it is level. Then make some pencil marks, so I know what the boat's center of unloaded gravity is. And then you can think about where to put seats and storage lockers, with a bit more information about just what is.
September 19, 2017 02:24AM
So would you put the rowers seat at the dead center of level? Or would it be better to be able to move the rowers seat back and forth a bit depending on the location of the "load". 1 fisherman in the front only, 1 for and aft, gear, etc.

September 19, 2017 03:19AM
Rowers seat back from middle. Payloads vary. You can't be perfect at all times. But it helps to see what happens with different loads

September 19, 2017 04:55AM
Yes, as you can see the bench is biased to the rear. I made a flat cushion so I can scoot back and forth depending on load and rowers height. I'll post some pics of it in the water at some point tomorrow. Curious to see what happens. 90% of the time it'll just be two people floating.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login