Welcome Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Air-comb vs. Plascore PP

Posted by ccarlson 
Air-comb vs. Plascore PP
October 17, 2017 12:38AM
Has anyone had any experience with a polypro honeycomb panel made by Poly U Mac called Air-comb I have found it locally but have not received a price per sheet yet. I live in Maine and Plascore charges $260 shipping for 3 sheets of 3/4" x4x8 honeycomb.
_archive_webfiles_c1_178570_618029.tds.pdf
Re: Air-comb vs. Plascore PP
October 18, 2017 02:39AM
I can pick up the Air-comb locally for $225.00. The Plascore because of shipping cost is $400.00. If I purchase the Air-Comb in 1" sheets then the cost is $285.00. Can someone tell me of anyone on the East Coast that sells Plascore sheets besides the factory? Is it worth the savings to use a different product besides Plascore PP sheets?
October 18, 2017 07:47PM
Air-comb looks like the same thing. I've never used it. It is polypropelene honeycomb core, with a fiberglass scree heat melted onto both sides, so you have something to laminate to. Hard to go wrong............is my guess.
October 19, 2017 06:16PM
That is what I figured too. I'll get it ordered, just need to figure out my thickness for the floor.
October 19, 2017 08:51PM
I've used 3/4" inch Plascore for years. I bought a dozen sheets, then bought to more from a customer who bought too many. I'm down to my last few sheets. Next time I'll at least consider 1" thick Plascore (or perhaps air-comb).

The thicker it is the stiffer it is and 1" isn't much heavier. For Stressed Skin Panels (what this ends up being) stiffness increases as the SQUARE of the core thickness, so a small increase in core thickness makes a big difference in stiffness.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login