Welcome Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Getting close

Posted by caneyqueen 
Getting close
March 02, 2018 09:08PM
Gotta run the anchor rope tubing, install anchor rope cam cleat, run rope through ropeseat and mount that seat to hoop with adjustable forward/backward base, permanently install center seat hoop, final-sand interior down and varnish sidedecks and above, light gray durabak everything below sidedecks, get it on my trailer and apply the "Caney Queen" logo in white on red sides.

Oh yah...and go drop her in the Caney Fork River here in Middle TN and catch some trout ! Although her first outings might be on a couple of backcreeks off the Cumberland to sneak up on some crappie.

I've spent dozens of hours reading hundreds of posts here and have a great appreciation for the incredible skill and dedication of so many of you subscribers. You guys have some major skills in construction and particularly in finishing. Many times the varied opinions have made me rethink decisions, then rethink them again but ultimately it's better to know your options than not because there's nothing worse that "not knowing what you don't know".

I'll post some more pics when it's done including some closeup shots on the final mahogany and tiger maple details.

Re: Getting close
March 02, 2018 09:28PM
One more pic

Re: Getting close
May 21, 2018 03:45AM
Hey caneyqueen, interested to know how many hours you have into building this beaut. Thinking about building my own, but it’ll be my first boat. Wondering if i should start with something simpler.

Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login