Welcome Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

UHMW Oarlock Blocks

Posted by ccarlson 
UHMW Oarlock Blocks
March 08, 2018 12:21AM
On the new to me drift boat the rowers seat is fixed and the front bench seat is adjustable. I have one set of fixed oar locks. Thought it might be nice to add some extra oarlocks because I have ape arms and my wife and son don't. Where can I find the UHMW to make oarlock blocks? I need blocks at least 1.5 inches wide and 6 inches long by close to 3 inches deep.
Re: UHMW Oarlock Blocks
March 08, 2018 04:03PM
I did a very quick Google search and found a very plentiful selection of UHMW plastic. Perhaps you can do the same and find a source close to you. You might find a source close by. Amazon even had some.

Rick N
March 09, 2018 03:24AM
Again McMaster.com, (I promise I'm not an employee...) They are the source for all things industrial that Amazon doesn't carry... For 99% of purchases you only need those two websites.

Also eplastics although they mostly deal in larger sheets. They'll cut for you but you'll pay for it.
Search acetal delrin as well as uhmw, they are very similar in my experience.
March 09, 2018 03:33PM
I did not know that the large companies cut it down to size. I found lots of sources, but all seemed to have minimum orders way beyond what I needed. I will make some phone calls.
March 13, 2018 01:20AM
I used UHMW for mine and they worked great. Drilled three holes through them for taller/shorter rowers. Sandwiched them in between diamond plate aluminum. I got those blocks cheap at Alro Steel (they deal with plastics as well)
March 13, 2018 02:22AM
I used 12"x3"x1" and added a 1/2x1" strip behind that to fill the gap below the gunwale strip on the inside.
oarlock
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login