Welcome Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Boat building instructions as an ebook

Posted by Sandy 
Boat building instructions as an ebook
March 10, 2018 09:45PM
I mentioned this once before but then deleted the post due to uncertainty about a few lingering technical issues.

Now I have more confidence. In about a week from now the boat building instructions for the MRB Honky Dory will be available as a downloadable ebook, so you can read it in any ebook reader like Amazon's Kindle, Barnes and Noble's Nook or Google's Playbooks. There are other freely available ebook readers as well. Ebook format makes complex subjects a lot easier to navigate around in. I should have done this years ago.

After the HD the Beavertail and Buffalo Boat will follow too, as ebooks.

The final step will be to install software on the web server so it can display an ebook online, so you can read them directly with any browser, like Internet Explorer, Chrome Safari or Firefox. That's a bit technical but that's in the works too. I have the software already written. It just needs a little de-bugging yet.

Ebook formats (epub an epub3) are where it's at.

Re: Boat building instructions as a ebook
March 12, 2018 02:35PM
As I draw closer to having a presentable ebook version of the Honky Dory plans I realize I had a book all along. But website organization just doesn't cut the mustard.

Most people who navigate around this site--including those who purchase a $25 dollar plans password--miss most of what is here. Including me.

Ebook format with a real Table of Contents chapters and pages, and next page previous page gotopage--is so much better.

Even I didn't realize how much information I had here, until I put it all together in one well organized unit. The HD will be the first ebook. The other boats will follow.

Re: Boat building instructions as an ebook
March 12, 2018 10:05PM
Sounds wonderful. Can't wait to see the finished product.
Re: Boat building instructions as an ebook
March 14, 2018 01:19PM
Less than one week from today.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login