Welcome Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

All Plascore build

Posted by MI Steelie 
All Plascore build
March 12, 2018 03:20AM
Got a lot of help from this forum so thanks everyone for contributing. Used 1" Plascore on the floor and 1/2" on the sides. 1/2" on the side dry boxes and front knee lock had plascore on the frame and sculpted bass wood for the knee locks.
1/2" white oak for the gunwales, glassed in. Have since added a motor mount on the back.

Attachments:
open | download - boat3 (1.03 MB)
Re: All Plascore build
March 12, 2018 12:42PM
Love to see the boat. Post some pictures.
March 12, 2018 01:17PM
There was a photo attached above but it got hosed somehow, so it didn't show up properly at first. I fixed it.

Now that's an impressive boat! You do good work.

The downstream anchor is interesting. Most anchor up from the other end of the boat. I've been thinking of re-rigging my little one man Dayak so it anchors from the downstream end.

March 12, 2018 02:18PM
Very nice indeed. Could you include photos of dry boxes, oar locks, seats, knee locks, etc... All the detailed areas are interesting as well. Is this boat your own design?
March 13, 2018 02:05AM
I got an electric winch for it and have mounts on the front and rear so I can move the winch to either end for motoring upstream or drifting downstream. Also for taking the kids out on lakes in the summer, it's nice to keep the anchor up front and out of the way of the motor.

Attached a couple pics showing the dry storage boxes and rod storage tubes a little better. I found schedule 20 pvc pipe works great for that. Put a cap on one end, pour boiling water in to fill it up, cap the other end and you can bend it to the shape of your hull.

I bought a mold which was made for a spray gun application but I ended up going with Plascore and epoxy instead of chopped strand mat.
primer
painted
March 13, 2018 03:28AM
...not sure why the photos are not showing. I'm going up to Yellowstone early tomarrow. There all day. Will fix the photos Wednesday moroning.

Ah. They are getting uploaded without a file name extension.
painted rather than painted.jpg

Great boat. Don't stop now. But make sure the file gets uploaded as photo.jpg instead of just photo.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login