Welcome Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Skiff build

Posted by Cody 
Skiff build
June 13, 2018 01:24PM
Hi all, my name is Cody. I live up in Whitefish Montucky. I made my first cuts yesterday on my new Freestone that will be my guide boat around here. I took a drive to Spokane yesterday to see the boys at Windsor and load up a truck of lumber. Raka shipment, plascore, and a big box from Jamestown will be here by the end of the week. I will get pictures up as often as I can, but I plan on this build going quickly.
Re: Skiff build
June 14, 2018 12:13AM
:=)) keep us posted.
June 28, 2018 02:48AM
Very cool!! It's tough work sometimes, but enjoyable. This is a great site with alot of info.
August 09, 2018 10:06PM
Cody Wrote:
" but I plan on this build going quickly"

I said the same thing before I built mine... then one day I realized I was 400 plus hours deep into it. LOL.
August 13, 2018 04:21PM
My build took almost four years. It is hard to work on fiberglass, epoxy and finish at 50 degrees. Life kept getting in the way, I also went back to college for the fourth time! Keep at it and you will persevere.

Rick N
August 14, 2018 12:24PM
With one full time employee I once built 5 boats: three Beavertails and two Buffalo Boats, start to finish in 30 days flat. My employee worked 5 days a week. I didn't take a single day off that month.

I hope to get my big Grand Canyon Dory finished by this coming April. I started it 3 years ago. I'm 70. I've had health problems and various surgeries. And I'm retired. I work on the boat about 4 to 6 hours a week. And there is a big big difference between following an already finished design and doing something entirely new. From scratch. That's my excuse anyway.

I'm in good health now. I'll be done with all my current projects in less than 50 years. I'm sure of it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login