Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I don’t catch fish.

Posted by DonTyson 
Re: I don’t catch fish.
September 28, 2019 09:48PM
Yes like that. 4" to 7" inches long. Tapering the end is optional. Maybe a tad narrower too. Sparser casts easier and sinks more fastly.
September 29, 2019 11:55AM
Got it.
September 30, 2019 12:51PM
What this I hear you made it snow in Montana?

Hey, I do catch fish. Look at this, World's Smallest Largemouth:

September 30, 2019 01:24PM
We only got 1" inch of snow in Bozeman. They got close to four feet in Browning. Up near Glacier. What a mess. In some ways I wish I had bass closer by. I have to drive an hour and a half to find them now. They are marching up the Yellowstone River, a little further upstream every year. That part I'm not so happy about.
September 30, 2019 04:58PM
Having Bass is not a good indicator for Trout waters.

Well glad you're not snowed in and can fish.
October 06, 2019 01:29PM
I was fishing in the Walnutport Canal yesterday. I noticed ten turtles on one log alone. They were lining up t feel the last of the warm sun. Little pickerel everywhere. They followed wooly buggers but didn't bite. great fun but no catches. The Bass and Sunnies are gone. They must feel the change as well.

October 24, 2019 07:47PM

Oh well, I'll take it. Tastes better than trout anyway.
November 25, 2019 10:00PM
Well I'll settle for dinner. Caught this on little #14 hooks, spinning gear, and a wax worm. Worked it very slow in 12' deep pond mid 30's water temperatures.

-9.5" Bluegill (biggest I ever caught),
-13.5" Perch,
-11" perch.

Some of the best tasting fish out there. No Scaling, just fillets.

November 26, 2019 01:11AM
I would taper the rear end. But I doubt it really matters. The Roadkill is a mojo fly. At least when it's not bright and sunny. So let me know if it works for you in Pennsylvania. I do wish I could work the Delaware into my fishing someday.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login