Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Plascore Group Buy?

Posted by henrysfork 
Plascore Group Buy?
March 21, 2021 07:29AM
I’m new to the forum and am getting ready to tackle my first boat build. I have been studying the plans and talking with some people that have had wooden drift boats and I think I have decided to try and use plascore for the entire boat core material. Thoughts?

Anyways, that brings me to the reason I posted and I was hoping some people on here had some up to date information on acquiring the plascore. I came across a post on here from about 10 years ago now that had details on ordering plascore and pricing but I’m sure that may have changed by now and possibly someone here had additional current information.

Anywho, If someone in the Yellowstone region was interested in going in on an order, we could make that work to save shipping also. I’m just near the Ashton area on the Henry’s fork.
Re: Plascore Group Buy?
April 13, 2021 03:05PM
I'm in Pocatello and bought some about 18 months ago. I bought 5 sheets and it cost me about $100 a sheet shipped. I built a new boat using plascore for the bottom only.
I still have two and a half sheets in my barn that I would sell if you need it. My recommendation is that you use 1/4 ply for the sides. I thought about building an all plascore boat too, but for a fishing boat, which I assume you are building, plywood sides are a better choice.
Re: Plascore Group Buy?
April 13, 2021 05:43PM
If Henrysfork doesn't buy your plascore I might.
I'm in no hurry.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login